Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wanna get away?

Absolutely yes. And the last time I did in a big way was last September. It was on the day that "the stock markets crashed and Wall St fell into the dumper." as the radio reported before I turned it off not to be distracted from the adventure awaiting me.

And then for the next 11 days and 50mi. while things began their plunge downward, I walked, climbed, and scrambled upward hiking the back country of the high Sierra Nevada mountains. With me were a few great fellows who all share that same feeling: "Sometimes, you just gotta get away!" Most of them seasoned veterans, I'm a relative neophyte having started only 2 years ago. But now I'm hooked. It was glorious, grueling, exhausting, exhilarating and a host of other adjectives that had never fit so well in describing anything else I've done in my life. Can't wait to do it again this year! Have a glimpse. And remember, "Leave no trace!"

No comments:

Post a Comment